Tuesday, 9 June 2009

Poem

Poem

Sometimes wondering, love unreturned, unknown
secret, maybe, yet consider
a revelation perhaps, this secret unknown love
what effect? Pray tell, for I cannot fathom
no mystic I
no psychic, no magician, no, me, scientist perhaps
rational, certainly, religious, no, I say for religion is not one forced on me,
unlike so many, yet I wonder still
the future, revelations of a love unknown,
perhaps unrequited even, heartbroken, yet can never tell heartbroken still,
when alas unknown.

But even love, perhaps, I do not know, no veteran I,
Among little digital maybe considered veteran yet real life I am but green
like spring grass, may also be considered new, no veteran for the lamb seeking
way, throughout the world
blind to all, no warning light, no lighthouse upon a stormy see perhaps no way to feel
blinded and groping for a hand an effect perhaps someone, share the burden, ease it
carry it further, new land, new hopes new dreams new clichés yet still clichés loved
throughout they can be similar and yet still new to one green such as I
yet winter comes sharply to the green grass, they do not know it and I wonder, perhaps whether I find it quite as sharp biting cold, the first death of many yet I hope, dream,
that my unknown love lives on known and does not live known
yet unrequited broken and rejected, blades cut sharply, mowed and drowned and frozen,
and grass retreats leaving soil, bare broken, salted
dead.

No comments: