Tuesday, 21 July 2009

It's all a Joke. And I'm the only one who's laughing.

Killer Joke

Why do I sit here?
My fantasy
A world so broken it cracks me up
Lost beyond redemption
Virtue nought but a joke

Escapism for me now is my release
My one exit, the others are barred
The lock’s stuck and the key snapped
I stand here shattered and stunned
Until the flight wings me away again

I fly through stars and skies, through nirvana untouchable
Unreachable
Ungraspable
Intangible
And the laughter swallows me again

Ecstasy is stolen
Relief to brief
Agony is our life
And pain is our existence

And I moan, me
And I am lucky
Privileged
My life is not a series of droughts and rapes
And yet I moan

Judge me, you who read this,
But then judge yourself upon these same scales
Take a look around you, see beyond the veil
Laugh, cry, weep, die
It’s a killer joke

No comments: